Your Sony wireless speaker has been the talk of the town and is receiving rave reviews for its ease-of-use, high quality sound, and sleek design. But with a battery that only lasts about 10 hours on a full charge, you might be wondering how to keep your speaker charged up when it isn’t in use? Here are 10 easy steps to charge your Sony wireless speaker!
10 Steps to Charge Your Sony Wireless Speaker
- Plug in the power cord. This is pretty straightforward, but it’s best to plug your charger into a wall outlet rather than a computer or other electronic device because those devices will be charging as well and might put too much strain on them while they are also powering up your speaker.
- Place the wireless speakers onto their corresponding bases. The two buttons near each of the docking locations should now light up blue indicating that both speakers are successfully connected with their chargers. (If one button lights up red instead, then please move on to step three). If you plan on using only one speaker at this time, place it back onto its base without connecting it to the second dock for later use so that both docks will be available to charge another device.
- Unplug the charger from either outlet or computer and plug it back in again. Sometimes, just unplugging your speaker’s charging cord can fix an issue with one of the buttons not lighting up fully blue on step two, and when that happens you might need to proceed using this alternate method for a while until you find out what is causing the problem permanently. If neither button is now lit up blue then go ahead and try steps four through six below before moving onto step eight where we will put all these steps together!
- Disconnect both speakers from their bases by pressing down on each of them as though you are going to place them back into docks but instead remove them.
- Press and hold the power button for five seconds to reset your speaker. When it turns back on, place each of them back onto their corresponding docks before proceeding with step six below.
- Reconnect both speakers to their bases following steps four through five above in reverse order from what you did originally (starting with connecting one of the speakers). If neither buttons are now lit up blue then go ahead and try steps seven through nine below before moving onto step eight where we will put all these steps together!
- Open a new tab in Google Chrome or another web browser that can play audio files such as YouTube video clips or an online radio station so that there is sound coming out of your computer’s speakers.
- Plug the power cord into an outlet, computer or other electronic device that has powered up already (if you are using a laptop to charge your speaker then try plugging it in via one of its USB ports). Disconnect and reconnect both wireless speakers from their bases following steps four through five above in reverse order from what you did originally. When done correctly this time, both buttons should light up blue indicating that charging is now complete on both docking locations!
- Unplug the charger again if necessary after all battery life bars are showing full strength for each button before proceeding with step ten below. If only some lights show green then please go back to step six where we will troubleshoot why this happened before moving on to step eight, which is where we will finally put all these steps together!
- Place your speaker(s) back onto their corresponding bases and enjoy listening to them with no interruptions or concerns about running out of power! You can repeat this process anytime you want to keep it charged up without having to worry about the buttons not lighting up blue correctly.
This concludes the instructions for how to charge a Sony wireless speaker. Hopefully, you now know that there are Ten steps involved and don’t have any further questions about this topic. If at all possible please leave your comments or feedback below before continuing on with other tasks!