If you want to set up a surround sound system but don’t have the time or patience for running wires all over your home, wireless speakers may be just what you need. The good news is that connecting them with an input device like a receiver only requires two different types of connectivity:
when connecting a speaker to the receiver you can use either Bluetooth or wifi connectivity but there are benefits and drawbacks with both of them. For example,
with WIFI connections it’s easier than ever to see how much bandwidth is left on your router at any given time—this means that you’ll know when you need to turn off other devices so that they don’t interfere with each other even though they’re all using the same connection.
With Bluetooth speakers, on the other hand, oftentimes what happens if people have more than one device running near their home theater system which has been set up in an area where there isn’t a lot of coverage from Wi-Fi routers nearby then interference will be created for those who might want to watch a movie.
- First, plug the speaker into an outlet
- Then turn on the Bluetooth on both devices and select “yes” if prompted from your phone or computer. Your device will then scan for nearby Bluetooth connections. Once connected, you can enter a passcode and pair it with each device
- Next, on the receiver, you will need to go into settings and select “Bluetooth music” or similar. From there select a speaker as your audio device
- Lastly, tune in to any station from these devices with Bluetooth connectivity and then press play. You should now be able to hear all of that amazing sound!
- The first step is to make a wireless connection between the two speakers and your WiFi router. This can be done with minimal effort as you only need one click of the button on a speaker to initiate this process.
- The next step would be to open the music player on your phone or computer and select a song that you want to play.
- You will also need to enter a passcode into both devices in order for them to connect to one another, so ensure this is done as well!
- The final step is to open the music player on your phone or computer and select a song that you want to play.
If you are experiencing any issues with your WiFi, there may be a few things you can do to remedy this.
The first and most obvious thing is to check whether it has been turned off on the speaker itself by pressing the small power button next to the USB port at the back of the device. If not, turn it off so that no other devices are competing for bandwidth.
When the WiFi is turned off on your speaker, it should also turn off automatically when you are not using it. This will allow for a more consistent and stable connection between devices.
Finally, keep in mind that if there are too many routers connected to the same network, this may cause interference with signal quality which can lead to issues with internet connection.
To get the most out of your wireless experience, take a few minutes to read through these easy-to-follow instructions. If you have any questions about wireless audio equipment and electronics, just let us know! We’re happy to answer any question that will make your life easier when it comes to technology.